Sunday 22 March 2009

Reflective Blogging: RSS


Hi everybody!
Today I'm very happy and optimistic..a lovely sunny Sunday and a new discovery about the Web! I have to admit that I had no idea what feeds and RSS were: I often wondered about what those nice orange icons were and NOW I have the answer! The most important thing is that I realized they are really useful; indeed, their function is to 'tell' me when my favorite blogs and websites are updated. In this way, I don't need to look at them ten thousand times a day in order to see when new posts appear. Moreover, with Bloglines I can arrange and divide them into playlists and read the new posts directly from this site..isn't it useful? Of course it is! Think about this: I can stay in touch with the members of my group, with the course blog, with world news from CNN, with articles from National Geographic,..all in one single page! However, not all websites have feeds, or may be their icons are so little I didn't see them..but why? I think they are really helpful and everybody should use them.....thanks for this new discovery!

Elisabetta

(PS This image source is www.fasticon.com)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Betta!
    I am optimistic too about this course on blog and new discoveries on the Web, and I agree that it can be very useful for us!
    As far as the language is concerned, I found your comment well written and structured and I think that it won't be so easy for us to give feedback on the language used!
    See you on Wednesday!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betta!
    Our opinions about feeds and this course are the same!I have got a positive attitude toward blogging,too.And I'm really curious to know something more about it!
    That's all for now because I just wrote my opinions about feeds more than once!
    See you soon!
    Michela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I agree with you all. I'm very pleased with the development of this course! As well as improving our english we're also learning many useful things about technologies.
    It's a pity that not all the web sites have the feeds!
    Bye
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to our Professor Sarah..I updated the corrected version!

    ReplyDelete