Tuesday 31 March 2009

Grammatical status: BACK TO THE BASICS


Dear guys,
I decided to update my personal status in terms of errors ;-) I think that this is a very useful and effective way to remember my grammar mistakes and disgusting and horrible expressions..hi hi..and to avoid them. The key-word of today is SIMPLIFY in order to achieve a higher level of accuracy!

First: I really MUST keep in mind the structure SVO in order to avoid the use of intricate constructions, of fragments and run-ons.
Here you are some examples:
I didn't find IT very difficult
Feeds will help me to save A LOT OF updates (NOT 'a huge amount of')

Second
: subordinators are NEVER preceded by a comma
Examples: after, while, until, so, since, in order to, despite, although, even if, unless, if,...

Third
: I must LIMIT the use of : Present Perfect, also, such, have to, can/could

I hope and think that this could be useful for you, too ;-)

Bye!

Elisabetta


No comments:

Post a Comment